- Designed purely with the intent to manage business for organizations that have a high volume of transactions, SAP HANA operates online and controls and manages its processes in real-time.
- SAP HANA, as opposed to traditional databases, is an in-memory data platform developed to support real-time processing and enable organizations to leverage the functionality of SAP completely with the added bonus of getting value from all the data across your company instantly.
- Organizations tend to come across a huge amount of data that holds a wealth of information about its customers, sales and sales delivery. However, due to the quantum of data, businesses can’t tap into their full potential. SAP HANA allows users to unlock that information and provides useful trends and truly delivers real actionable insight.
- SAP HANA is an in-memory database:
- It is a combination of hardware and software made to process massive real time data using In-Memory computing.
- It combines row-based, column-based database technology.
- Data now resides in main-memory (RAM) and no longer on a hard disk.
- It’s best suited for performing real-time analytics, and developing and deploying real-time applications.
- SAP HANA is equipped with multiengine query processing environment which supports relational as well as graphical and text data within same system. It provides features that support significant processing speed, handle huge data sizes and text mining capabilities.
- SAP HANA gives businesses the ability to perform complex calculations faster than ever.